Features of ETI LCD-8 24VAC Configurable Aerial Snow Melting and Deicing Control
The ETI LCD-8 24VAC Configurable Aerial Snow Melting and Deicing Control makes automatic melting a cost effective alternative in even the smallest residential and light commercial snow melting applications. The control turns on snow melting heaters when precipitation occurs at temperatures below 38F (3.3C) and remains on for an adjustable hold-on time (3 hour default) after precipitation stops to ensure complete ice and snow melting. The controller includes an internal magnetic reed switch used for manual heater cycling, as well as configuring the temperature set point and the hold-on time. The redesigned, patent pending, rugged polycarbonate enclosure provides excellent protection at temperature extremes, while allowing snow to shed to prevent iglooing over the moisture sensor.
- Automatic snow and ice melting controller minimizes operating costs.
- Supply Voltage: 24VAC.
- Rated for up to 3 amp inductive loads for pilot duty applications and resistive loads up to 16 amps.
- Adjustable hold-on time and temperature set point provides flexibility for a wide range of applications.
- Weather-resistant NEMA 3R enclosure.
- Hold-on timer continues heater operation after snow stops to ensure complete melting.
- Sno-Test automatic testing and manual heater cycle for system testing.
- Simple four-wire installation.
- Minimum energy cost.
- C-UL-US Listed for Temperature Regulating Equipment.
The hold-on timer can be configured for off, 1 hour, 3 hours or 5 hours.
The operating temperature can be configured for none (precipitation sensor), 36degF, 38degF or 40degF.
The low-temperature lockout (17degF), which disengages unit operation, can be enabled or not.
Default configuration: 38degF operating temperature, 3 hour hold-on time; no lockout.