Features of ETI GF PRO Snow and Ice Melting Control
The ETI GF PRO Snow Melting and Deicing Control with Built-In Ground Fault Equipment Protection is designed to automatically control snow and ice melting systems in commercial and residential applications such as sidewalks, loading docks, handicap ramps, roof and gutters, and driveways. The GF PRO interfaces with up to two standard ETI sensors to meet the application requirements. Three sensors are available. The CIT-1 aerial snow sensor, the GIT-1 gutter ice sensor, and the SIT-6E pavement mounted snow sensor. The CIT-1 sensor can be paired with the GIT-1 sensor for roof and gutter deicing applications. The CIT-1 sensor can also be paired with the SIT-6E sensor for pavement snow and ice melting applications. All three sensors detect precipitation as snow at temperatures below 38F (3.3C). The GF PRO output is energized only if moisture is detected below this temperature, saving energy and ensuring thorough snow and ice melting.
- Automatic snow and ice melting controller minimizes operating costs.
- 100 to 277 VAC Supply Voltage.
- Rated 30 amps for resistive loads.
- Built-In 30mA Ground Fault Equipment Protection (GFEP) .
- 8 hour Adjustable Hold-On timer continues heater operation after snow and ice stop to ensure complete melting.
- Weather-resistant NEMA 4X enclosure.
- Dual sensor capability to meet site performance requirements.
- Automatic and manual-override operator controls for changing environmental conditions.
- Optional remote control operation (RCU-4) for added convenience.
- UL Listed for Temperature Regulating Equipment.
Optional components available for the GF PRO system:
Remote Control Unit, RCU-4 (Item id ETI21358), allows remote operation of the system away from the control box.
Temperature Sensor Assembly (Item id ETI19272) regulates the heating cycle to make it more efficient.
Neither of the above optional components comes with the basic system.
Caution: The GF Pro snow and ice control CANNOT be used for Pilot Duty applications.
Caution: Resistive load usage only. The GF Pro snow and ice control is not for use with inductive loads. Inductive loads may create nuisance tripping of the Ground Fault Protection Circuit.