Features of ETI APS-4C 277/480 Volt 3-Phase Snow Melting Controller
The ETI APS-4C 277/480 Volt 3-Phase Snow Switch along with the appropriate snow sensors (sold separately) automatically controls snow and ice melting systems and ensures minimum operating cost of the heating system. The controller has an adjustable hold on timer that will continue the heater operation for up to 10 hours after snow stops to ensure complete melting of the snow and ice.
- Automatic snow/ice melting control.
- Satellite contactor interface for larger systems.
- Energy management computer (EMC) interface.
- Accommodates mineral insulated (MI) cable, constant wattage, and self-regulating electric heaters.
- Multiple sensor capability.
- Advanced patented and patent pending ground fault protection.
- Heater hold-on and test capabilities.
- Simple to install and operate.
- Low system costs.
- Minimum energy costs.
The APS-4C 277/480 Volt 3-Phase snow melting system controller provides a complete interface for use in environments supervised by an energy management computer (EMC). This feature can also be used for general purpose remote control and annunciation.
All sensor and communications wiring is NEC Class 2. This simplifies installation while enhancing fire and shock safety. The APS-4C can interface up to six sensors from the CIT-1 product family. Using more sensors provides superior performance by better matching the controller to site performance requirements.
Typical applications include controlling electric snow melting systems for sidewalks, driveways, doorways, stairs, loading docks, ramps for the physically challenged and parking garages.