Features of ETI APS-3C 208/240 Volt Snow Melting Controller
The ETI APS-3C 208/240 Volt Snow Switch along with the appropriate snow sensors (sold separately) automatically controls snow and ice melting systems and ensures minimum operating cost of the heating system. The controller has an adjustable hold on timer that will continue the heater operation for up to 10 hours after snow stops to ensure complete melting of the snow and ice.
- Automatic snow/ice melting control.
- Operates electrically- and mechanically- held contactors for pilot duty applications.
- Energy management computer (EMC) interface.
- Accommodates mineral insulated (MI) cable, constant wattage, and self-regulating electric heaters.
- Multiple sensor capability.
- Heater hold-on and test capabilities.
- Simple to install and operate.
- Low system costs.
- Minimum energy costs.
The APS-3C 208/240 Volt snow melting system controller provides a relay closure interface for use with energy management computers (EMC). This feature can also be used for general purpose remote control and annunciation and other advanced applications.
All sensor and communications wiring is NEC Class 2. This simplifies installation while enhancing fire and shock safety. The APS-3C can interface up to six sensors from the CIT-1 product family. Using more sensors provides superior performance by better matching the controller to site performance requirements.
Typical applications include controlling electric snow melting systems for sidewalks, driveways, doorways, stairs, loading docks, ramps for the physically challenged and parking garages.